Do you like a Challenge?
Following the success of the David Hockney Challenge, our quilts are currently on a national tour from June until October with Grosvenor Shows. We are now launching our second LINQS Challenge and would like to encourage new members from textile and embroidery groups within the county to join us. The title of our next exhibition is to be decided at a later stage but the design of each piece will be influenced by Sir Isaac Newton and can include any aspect of his home, his life, his discoveries etc.Quilts can be worked individually or as a group, it’s entirely up to you.
The format will be pretty much as last time with the key criteria being as follows:
– Participants must reside in Lincolnshire.
– Each quilt must consist of three layers.
– Any techniques and materials can be used, traditional or contemporary.
– Quilts will be either 30″ x 40″ or 30cm x 40 cm and can be portrait or landscape.
– All large size quilts must have a 4″ hanging hanging sleeve attached.
Existing members need to register their intent to take part in the new challenge but do not need to pay. For any new members joining it is £10 per person, cheques to be made payable to LINQS and posted to Mary Jackson at 104 High Street, Billinghay LN4 4ED.
The handover date for submitting completed work is 6th May 2017.
If you would like to register your intent to join the challenge or would like more information on LINQS please contact Mary on Karen at email@example.com